04 January 2012

I'm A Cat Person But I Would Kill For A Dog Like Wilfred

I've been the worst blogger ever. When I eventually logged back into my account - after an unintentional blogging hiatus covering the better part of November and December - my stats lay abandoned in the corner, whimpering softly, while the 'new post' button quivered with nervous anticipation... And I'm back. A new year; a new job; a new post (or two (or three)).



While not blogging over the past few months I spent a lot of my spare time staring at a television screen. The contents of said screen alternated pretty much between Skyrim and a new show (kudos must go to @KerryBeetge for the introduction) Wilfred.


If you - like me - enjoy offbeat, dark and gritty humour (think: Black Books, Flight of the Conchords, Mighty Boosh etc.) as apposed to formulaic American bubblegum comedy (think: How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men etc.) then you will absolutely love Wilfred. Let me have a go at summarising the plot outline using only one sentence.

In a nutshell: the story follows a clinically depressed Ryan (Elijah Wood) and his pet dog-come-imaginary-friend, Wilfred (Jason Gann) - as they try to derive meaning from life - learning lessons about human nature, love and lying along the way. Just check the clip out below and tell me it's not your cup of tea:


See? An instant classic in my books and a must-see if you know what's good for you. Wilfred will make you think; it'll make you dream... But most of all, it'll make you wish you had a best dog friend with which you could smoke weed at home everyday. You should totally check it out. Blog ya later!

2 comments:

  1. No Frodo... Sméagol died, you can't replace him with an imaginary dog... It is time to let go

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts